Hx6 is Telos’ most advanced six-line digital Talkshow system. It features two high-performance digital hybrids and includes Telos’ famous Digital Dynamic EQ, noise gate, caller ducking and acoustic echo cancellation. Works with analog or digital phone lines (6 POTS or 3 ISDN BRI). Single-cable Ethernet hookup via Axia Livewire I/O, or choice of analog or AES/EBU I/O with one input and one output per hybrid, and one Program On-Hold input. Includes complimentary XScreen Lite call screening software from Broadcast Bionics.
- Six line capacity; works with POTS (analog) or ISDN (digital) phone lines.
- Our most advanced digital hybrids, with DSP algorithms optimized for superior performance with today’s wide variety of far-end call types (VoIP, cell, POTS, app-based).
- Telos DDEQ (Digital Dynamic EQ) and adjustable smart-level AGC ensure spectrally consistent audio from call to call — even on notoriously tough cellular calls.
- Excellent trans-hybrid loss of >55dB.
- Smooth, proven, symmetrical wide-range AGC by the audio processing experts at Omnia Audio.
- Studio adaptation and a subtle, inaudible pitch shifter to prevent feedback in open-speaker studio environments.
- A sophisticated caller override that improves performance and allows precision adjustment of the degree to which talent audio “ducks” the caller audio.
- Striking Telos VSet6 six-line phone controllers with large, colorful VGA LCD displays that provide intuitive operation and setup. Telos-exclusive Status Symbols provide producers and talent with animated, high-contrast icons that communicate line and caller status at a glance.
- Three different Hx6 versions matched to your choice of analog POTS phone lines, ISDN-S (Europe), or ISDN-U (North American) digital phone lines.
- Caller ID for both analog and digital telephone connections, which is displayed on the VSet6 phoneset
and the included XScreen Lite call screening application.
- Livewire IP-Audio allows fast, one-cable integration with Axia networks, and provides Axia board operators with seamless, on-console control of multiple lines and hybrids. Standard Ethernet backbone provides a common transport path for both studio audio and telecom needs, resulting in cost savings and a simplified studio infrastructure.
- Choice of standard Analog I/O or optional, extra-cost AES/EBU I/O.
- Easy setup and configuration via Ethernet using any PC and your favorite Web browser.
- XScreen Lite call screening software from Broadcast Bionics, provided at no cost.
Advanced caller management and superior sound.
Say hello to Hx6, the most advanced six-line broadcast phone system Telos has ever made. Thanks to its Telos DSP hybrids and a full suite of audio processing capabilities, an Hx6 in your studio is like an instant audio upgrade for on-air phone calls — song requests, morning show phoners, or call-intensive talk shows.
Hx6 works with either POTS or ISDN phone lines, and comes equipped with two advanced telephone hybrids (each with its own independent AGC, noise gate, and caller override dynamics) for high-quality conferencing — the same advanced DSP technology used in the best-selling Telos Hx1 and Hx2 telephone hybrids.
The DSP toolkit in Hx6 is full-featured, to say the least. Telos Digital Dynamic EQ, our renowned adaptive 3-band processor, analyzes and adjusts received audio spectral characteristics so that calls sound smooth and consistent despite today’s wide variety of phone sets and connection types. Adjustable Omnia smart-level AGC with noise gating provides spectrally consistent audio from call to call — even on notoriously tough cellular calls. A sophisticated caller override allows precision adjustment of the degree to which talent audio “ducks” the caller audio, and exclusive feedback reduction functions help eliminate open-speaker howl.
Like all Telos talkshow systems, the Hx6 front panel is simple and informative, with separate send and recieve meters for each hybrid, a Program-On-Hold audio presence indicator, a high-resolution OLED display for setup, and navigation keys for quick adjustments.
Around back, you’ll find audio I/O, GPIO, and Telco connections. Hx6 comes in versions that work with analog or digital phone lines, which connect directly to 6 POTS or 3 ISDN BRI lines. Separate analog or optional AES digital I/O is provided for each hybrid, as well as a Program-On-Hold input, GPIO connections for speaker muting, ring tallies, et cetera.
There’s also an Ethernet port. This provides connection of as many as six Telos VSet phones, but that’s not all: it’s also an Axia Livewire port. Through that jack, Hx6 puts audio, hybrid control and mix-minus for all six phone lines onto one single skinny CAT-5 cable. Livewire setup is simple: plug it into your Axia network, do some fast web-based configuration, and your talent can control Hx6 directly from Axia mixing console equipped with Call Controller modules. The Ethernet connection also allows for convenient remote setup and administration.
With all of these capabilities, you’d expect Hx6 to cost twice as much — but it doesn’t. In fact, you can have an Hx6 for about what you’d pay for some other companies’ “premium” systems.
Intuitive, easy-to-use controllers
This is the Telos VSet6 six-line phone controller, an IP-based phoneset with a large, high-contrast color LCD panel that provides line status and caller information. There’s almost no learning curve; VSet phones work like traditional Telos controllers, with calls selected, held, and dropped in the way to which operators have grown accustomed. Exclusive animated Telos Status Symbol™ icons show line and caller status at a glance; easy VSet controls let talent manage incoming lines, lock calls on-air, start an external recording device, and take a queue of calls to air sequentially, for precise management of multi-call interviews or conferences. The LCD display delivers detailed line status, caller information, caller ID, time ringing-in or on-hold, and even comments entered in the included Xscreen Lite screening software. A built-in address book and call history log round out VSet6’s features. And, just like the Hx6 itself, each VSet6 has its own web server for easy remote configuration and software upgrades.
Hx6 works with any brand of broadcast console. But wouldn’t it be great if talent could take control of phones without ever having to divert their attention from the board? Whether your shows consist of live calls or pre-recorded interviews, phone segments are usually fast-paced with little room for error. But traditionally, the phone system was separate from the on-air console, making it hard to use both together efficiently, leading engineers and talent to ask: “Why can’t the console and the phone system work together?”
Now, they can. Hx6 can connect directly to Axia mixing consoles using Livewire IP-Audio to eliminate the cost and complexity of old-style inputs, outputs, and mix-minuses. IP-Audio networking technology provides the ideal way to integrate broadcast phones into the on-air console — the control center of every studio. Users enjoy seamless console integration, with phone controls right on the board so that talent can dial, answer, screen, and drop calls without ever diverting their attention from the console. Information about line and caller status can be displayed right on the console as well.
There are plenty of other advantages to melding phones with consoles. Like ease of installation: IP-Audio consoles with built-in phone controllers don’t need any additional wires or connections. Their control signaling, caller audio and backfeeds ride on the network connection that’s already there. Bringing caller audio into the IP-Audio domain makes it routable like any other audio source. And since the console now communicates directly with the phone hybrid, mundane tasks such as mix-minus generation, starting recording devices, and playback of recorded off-air conversations can all be automated. All of which means faster, more precsise phone segments — since operators’ never need to leave the console.
Call Screening Software Included
Hx6 comes complete with XScreen Lite call screening software, from Broadcast Bionics. XScreen Lite’s interface gives screeners and hosts tons of information and control using sophisticated visual talkback, including a drag and drop database of all calls for your show as well as a phonebook and visual warnings for persistent or nuisance callers. A fully-functional copy of XScreen Lite is provided to all Hx6 customers, but an upgrade to the full XScreen client software adds even more features, including extended call history, an enhanced phonebook, prize management, powerful GPIO functionality and more. XScreen, deployed as part of a Livewire network, also enables call recording, editing and console integration directly over the network.